PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - I'm thinking of ejecting. Any last hail Marys out there?
Old 5th Mar 2015, 05:07
beamer

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts
For anyone considering part-time working with their existing company, may I offer a word of caution. I went 75% with my airline last year - thirty days on roster, ten days off, having previously been flying 800 hrs plus with a mix of short/medium/longhaul. So far, I find myself flying at a rate which will produce 700 hrs this year and I am sure you can do the sums as well as I. Balpa believes the reduction of flying hours should be proportionate, the Company believes it has the right to roster up to FTL limits and of course they are about to change in the wrong direction. The roster machine now produces a schedule of long duty days/nights to maximise my productivity, no short days other than the odd ski flight. Net result, by the middle of my on-roster period, the old problem of tiredness raises its ugly head again and I find myself counting the days down until my next off-roster block.

My life-style has improved but not to the extent I had hoped for when I signed up for the deal.

Best regards from the world of the one-eyed teddy bear............