PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Pilots Not Happy
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2015, 16:58
JW411

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Are we to expect the same sort of solidarity that was shown when the Brits almost tripped over themselves to head for Australia in 1989?

I also smile when I hear stories about IFALPA black-balling pilots. I'm afraid that is another load of as well.

They might be able to influence who gets hired into BA, SAS, Lufthansa etc but that is a pretty pointless exercise since the pilots involved have already been turned down by BA, SAS, Lufthansa etc.

It is always useful to remember that the airline involved will be spending a fortune wet-leasing so that might help get them to the negotiating table.

By the way, I speak from experience. I have a wardrobe full of (failed) airline uniforms and I have been involved in more employment disagreements than a lot of you.

The problem that the core strikers have is in asking the many much less paid pilots in the organisation to support their cause when they are (possibly incorrectly) assumed to have done precisely nothing to have stopped the downward slide in the status of the youngsters joining the company.

When I was in the military it was called " you Jack, I'm all right".

Solidarity? Surprise me please.