PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How NOT to become a Police pilot!
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2015, 13:20
air-bender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was Mark Lamb in the U.S.???

Can anyone confirm if this Mark Lamb, AKA Alan Chandler was in the U.S.? maybe Louisiana and Texas and possibly the North East?

From reading this thread he most certainly sounds like the chap I met in Houston Texas around the Spring of 2009. He was working for a friend of mine at a small flight school as an instructor... Tallish Lanky guy with dark hair.

First time I met him was when my friend who owned the company invited him along to a bar when I was in town... Apparently when I first said his name I didn't quite use the correct "English" accent (not surprising as i'm from the U.S) for his name and proceeded to publicly correct my pronunciation of his name in a more "English" accent. My friend and I still joke about that incident so many years later.

About 2 months later my friend asked me what I thought about him... I told her that he seemed very evasive about his background... and I also told her that I didn't think he had a legal work permit and most certainly wasn't a citizen of the U.S. She mentioned that he'd become quite demanding and seemed to want to take more control of her company.

I took a little closer look into him and his work with her company, About 2 weeks later I caught him red handed stealing from her company. Kinda sad after all that she'd done for him.
I told her to directly ask him about his immigration status...

Mark hightailed it out of Texas and the last anyone had heard he was somewhere up in the North East.

It might not be the same Mark... but chances are... English guy named Mark, flies helicopters and (was also good at IT, one of the reasons he also got hired at my friends company) is a Con man...

Incidentally, I actually think he was using a different last name when he was in the U.S. However, after discussing it with my friend she came to the conclusion that it was a fake last name...

Wonder who he's conning right now.