PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 6
Thread: Aer Lingus - 6
View Single Post
Old 4th Mar 2015, 07:36
Faire d'income
I call you back

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First off all you saying Govt can intervene because on LSE, then not........ do please make up mind

Now stating thats its because IT COULD
The word 'could' is from the CMA ruling, not me, so I haven't changed anything.

This started with your usual adherence to the letter of everything FR says:

Ryanair have to do nothing.

Already proven that UK Competition Commission statements were a load of as they haven't prevented anybody else making a bid.
And another keyword wasn't 'bid' it was 'takeover'. And, as you ignore every single time it is stated to you, that was a minor part of the finding. The COMPETITION (big clue here Racedo) & Markets Authority found that it could substantially undermine competition. Given the overlap of competition on UK/Ireland routes of the two airlines, this is easy to understand. This is even easier to understand from the EU POV given the overlap of competition on all European routes from Ireland. To rational people.

Anyway, the UK has found against Ryanair. FR is also listed on the LSE. The UK has ordered it to sell down to 5%. This would be hard for France (your example) to do as FR is not listed on the CAC. Thus would appear to me more straightforward for the UK, because FR is listed on the LSE. The LSE will obviously be bound by any UK court ruling. Not hard really.

Finally if there is no offer to shareholders, there is no takeover. No takeover means no conflict with the minor point of the CMA ruling you are clinging to.

Finally, and this is hilarious:

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2015/0...0LZ17B20150303

One of the big areas of discussion between ourselves and IAG would be what kind of competition remedies will IAG have to offer up to the European Commission to be able to allow a takeover to take place,
It looks to me like they might run interference on any offer and prove everyone else right after all!