PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Simulator present
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2015, 21:25
AeroSpark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well had my go in the sim this afternoon. Absolutely brilliant.We started off at Gatwick, did a couple of circuits, flew over the Heathrow, another touch and go, then across to Luton for a touch and go followed by a full stop landing with a 15 knot crosswind. Finished it off with a go at Kai Tak.
In the briefing the instructor asked about any previous experience so I told her I was pretty clued up on FSX so knew what the various displays, gauges etc did.
To get as much 'flying' time as possible we started on the end of the runway ready to go. I'm pleased to say after my first landing her comment was 'are you sure you haven't done this before, I can't believe how good that landing was'! First crosswind landing was a bit ropey to say the least, really should have gone around but got it down about a third of the way along the runway, but got the second one set up much better early on and it was probably my best approach/landing of the day. Then on to Kai Tak. Blimey! Made a right balls of the first approach so went around for another go. Got it down second time but I don't think my pax would have been too complimentary! Massive massive respect to anyone who's flown in there for real.
All in all a truly excellent afternoon and one I will be doing again, although I think I might save up the extra pennies and go for a full motion jobbie next time.