PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe DHC8 F/O recruitment
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2015, 12:50
Deano777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There's some good information posted here already on previous pages but the interview is nothing to shock you, there's nothing to catch you out and nothing that should be a surprise. It's a good old fashioned HR type interview with some tech questions thrown in. Rule number 1 is know your stuff about Flybe, if you don't then you will not get the job. The HR type questions are the standard ones you see anywhere: Give me a time when xxx etc. The tech questions are not particularly difficult and you do not need to know your 14 ATPL manuals inside out. I know alot of you can't be bothered, but there really is some good info on previous pages here. If you do the donkey work yourselves you will find some information.
As for the sim check, again there's nothing to catch you out, the philosophy is you have already passed when you walk in, you have to convince them you haven't passed to not get the nod. There's nothing particularly tough about it, a SID, a level off, some general handling, a couple of ILS's and a go around. If you fly the dash like a light aircraft you will not get the nod. The failure rate of candidates who have only flown light aircraft and haven't done a "heavy" JOC course is quite high, this is why they insist on you doing a JOC on a heavy before a sim check, it's nothing to do with the conspiracy that they are paid a retainer for every cadet they push towards simtech etc etc that some will lead you to believe, but everything to do with you not wasting their time.
As for applicants who have heard nothing since applying, that's a bonus right? It means you're still in the system. We need alot of pilots over the next two years so recruitment isn't going to dry up anytime soon. Hang in there, and in the meantime use the time constructively doing your own research, you won't find all the answers on here and I'm sure others like myself won' be prepared to give you all the answers on a plate, you have to do some of the work yourself. Good luck