PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash near M1
View Single Post
Old 3rd Mar 2015, 12:01
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
In response to RP's tirade;

"You come across as an arrogant know it all who has never had an incident in all your state funded flying."

Funny you should mention arrogance, that was something Ye Olde Pilot used to call me. Back then, as now, I refer you to Viper's reply in Top Gun.
Incidents, you wouldn't know the start of it!

"Often found in non commissioned ex army wallahs."

Wow, there certainly is a chip there!

"Do I also detect a tinge of jealousy aimed at those successful enough to self fly their own machine instead of driving for a pay cheque every month".

If I had the money, the last thing I would do is have my own aircraft.
By the way, does that also include the pilots that fly you to your holiday destination, or those that will be there to whisk your family members to hospital in their moments of need?
Of all the 'successful' people out there, I wonder just how many actually do self fly their own!

"I am not Doctor Who but it appears it appears I have now been challenged as being three other posters of whom I have no knowledge."

I have only said that you remind me of Ye Olde Pilot as you carry the same traits as he/she did.

"Perhaps you an other critics of this successful auto can give some advice as to how you could have improved on the outcome?"

As I have already pointed out, I haven't at any time critisised the pilot.

"I have given my description of the possible scenario where the skids dug in."

Well done.

"I am not going to stoop so low as to start citing police accidents."

I think youre already low enough!

"Have you in fact got any hours on a R22?"

Too many!

"To the others who are having a go at civvy pilots and the R22 its interesting to see a common thread of being paid commercial often ex mil and with plenty of crew-room time to spend here waiting for the next shout."

We do get time off for good behaviour you know!

atb
SS