PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SDSR 15
Thread: SDSR 15
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2015, 20:22
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Skydiver,

You're right, I can't argue with anything you've just said. Doesn't make it anymore palatable though. And that's what makes me so unspeakably angry about this whole scenario. We aren't asking for the moon on a stick, just enough to be able to do what we have been asked to do and to be able to do it properly.

I wonder who will get the blame when something goes 'bang' on a crowded shopping street, or we lose a Voyager on ops, or a 747 is brought down over a city or have a major strategic defeat on operations that humiliates us as a nation and does lasting damage to our strategic, political and therefore invariably our economic credibility. It won't the politicians fault that's for sure.

Edited to add as an after thought - I guess this all boils down to the fact that we as a nation just don't 'get' or do strategy. We read lots of books on it and quote lots of Clausewitz and Sun Tzu, but I really don't think we understand or believe what we read. If we did, we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

Last edited by Melchett01; 2nd Mar 2015 at 20:49.