PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA bans governor off training
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2015, 16:05
Peter-RB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Nigelh,

As much as I will never fly a Robbie again if that 5ft you mention is arrived at , at around 90 knots then there is a little problem, when I was taught (in a R22) I was shown the eol after the 2 nd lesson,.. reason I asked what it felt like, the instructor showed me and power recovered at about 50 ft, MUch later when I was ready I was taken through my own again to PR at about 50ft, and again and again until it was a none event( strictly speaking) for I was doing it with the happy instructor covering my every action, I accept that in all the past few years I cannot remember one person saying here on Rotorheads that they had an engine conk out, there must have been one somewhere but not reported on here, after that I went onto the 206, where again I was walked through the auto down to,.. this time GL the different instructor again followed my every action ...but to say it politely it was a non event it was so utterly easy and no panic that I was impressed when my then instructor showed me the famous pick up and 180 then down with the residual energy in those big Bell blades.,,,

Whilst I am only a pleasure flyer I still think that sort of action should be done and understood by every Heli Pilot being trained, for the Donk may run out of Go Juice, then you would need to know what you had to do in order to survive, IMO.....