PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2015, 15:49
dontforgetthecowls

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not suggesting that I would want to work for Emirates, or that I am eligble for their cadet scheme. My point is that if Emirates think its makes good business sense to give their cadets a better deal, then I would hope BA would too. If they did then they might be able to fill all their slots with candidates that pass the selection.

When you discuss with the Emirates cadets the "UK Airline Sponsorship", they can't understand why you would do it. This is not a BA specific problem, when you analyse it there isnt much difference between the Virgin MPL, Easyjet MPL and FPP in terms of finance. Even in europe Aer Lingus and Lufthansa have offered part sponsorship.

With the Emirates and Virgin cadets, I'm guessing it does take longer for your line training. It wouldn't concern me that I had not learned my trade on shorthaul. The Emirates cadets are expecting to fly the out and back Gulf trips and india, so should be clocking up 2 sectors a day during line training. You will be unfrozen sooner, because you fly more block hours on Long Haul?