PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Uni or not? (Merged 2013)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2015, 14:36
Ponny10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello boys and girls! I'm new to the forum and I see that questions like these have been answered before but my situation is a little different so I'll try here.
I am 22 years old and I'm just about to graduate from University with a degree in economics. As a Private Pilot I have decided that I want to pursue a career as a commercial pilot. Now, my goal is to get through the training and work my way up to an Airline which nowadays is not a peace of a cake anymore. But, in the future, even if chances are slim, I would perhaps want to be able to take my career to another level by becoming a civil test pilot, becoming a consultant or many of the other roads a civilian pilot could follow. I know that a technical degree is beneficial if you are aiming towards these things but I am not sure if I really want to study 3 or 5 more years pursuing a engineering degree or the like just for the fun of learning and getting the degree. So I am in need of some advice. Is it worth pursuing it with the potential benefits for my flying career or is it best just to start flying which is my passion.

Thanks!