PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH OJA off to a museum
View Single Post
Old 2nd Mar 2015, 03:37
Jay Arr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You want to have a go at me because I (a) decided there was a complete lack of info about the event with 6 days to go and went seeking it; and (b) shared it with the wider audience here for everyone's benefit (which has the additional benefit of taking some pressure of HARS and the council); and (c) think that such info should be available on websites by now? Well there you go. Very Ppruney, very Aussie. I shouldn't have bothered sharing it, obviously, should have just kept it to myself.

FWIW, "timely" means enough time to rent an aircraft, or maybe book a hotel in local area if the idea of a 3am wakeup Sunday to drive 3.5 hours doesn't appeal and seeing what public transport between local hotels and YWOL is available. I know of three different parties considering flying down, one of whom would be bringing his 4 year old son. If flying is not an option he would like to know now, would get a hotel; doesn't want to wake the 4 yr old at 3am. Etcetera, etcetera. So if we cannot even enter the airport or land at the airport or even stand along Tangarra Rd this would be useful information six days out.

I knew I shouldn't have bothered with PPrune!

Last edited by Jay Arr; 2nd Mar 2015 at 04:20.