PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "You could be next”
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2015, 22:26
Bluewater777

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cuberoute

Thanks for your post.

I agree with HH Shk. Mohammed, Vice President, Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai having the power to immediately resolve this injustice. Not only in his country but his courts (Dubai, DIFC), police, CID and legal system including local lawyers. Unfortunately there has to be a desire. To date none has been forthcoming after 5 years!

It would be virtually impossible for him not to be aware of our case.

REF:
Two years ago we formally approached the office of the ruler Sheik Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE, Ruler of Dubai via our lawyers Al Tamimi. At the time we were clearly advised by the Rulers office to “continue following the DIFC / UAE legal system, execute the enforcement and then revert back to us”. We continued following the legal process only to meet a brick wall when it came to enforcement. When we went back to the rulers office we were told that they would not investigate our case as Jamal Lootah is not a government entity. This pointless exercise, (two formal approaches to Sheik Mohammed’s office, firstly to appeal for help, and secondly to advise we had again not achieved an enforcement) cost us an additional USD $55,000 in legal fees.

Are you speaking from experience or a position of authority. Mostly what we hear/read in Dubai, UAE is far from the truth or a persons reality.

Furthermore EMIRATES Airline chairman Shk. Ahmed (nephew of HH Shk. Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai) is fully aware of this case albeit quite likely forgot the moment I turned my back. Regardless, his advice was clear “follow the UAE legal system and justice will be served”. One would like to believe with a company that promotes itself internationally, such as Emirates, the Chairman and Chief Executive would like to do his utmost to see 87 of his senior employees (families) delivered justice. Not just internationally but in his own back yard where he has total control. Not only through himself but via his uncle Shk. Mohammed, Ruler of Dubai. It says a lot about the internal company culture and it's/his support/respect of senior employees. Talk is cheap. Trust me we have had lots and lots of talk, correspondence and meetings with high profile UAE leaders all promising action to resolve our case but after 5 years our fight for justice goes on and on and on. Individually, I am hopeful they meant well. Collectively its counted for nothing. Action is now what we need/deserve. Words are nothing without action.

In addition I recently wrote two clear non emotive emails to Mr. Chris Pykel, Emirates NZ manager as I am a New Zealand citizen as are many shareholders/employees. He didn't even have to courtesy to respond. Again company culture on display.

I can't wait for the day when we can get these people to explain in front of a television camera/media interview where they can't run away, hide behind a desk, emails, excuses or refer to 'someone else' of authority - a common Dubai tactic we have experienced over and over again. Hopefully this day is not to far away.

Nigel

Please sign our petition.

https://www.change.org/p/hh-shk-moha...concepts-vs-lo

Last edited by Bluewater777; 2nd Mar 2015 at 00:55.