PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 1st Mar 2015, 22:03
NutLoose

Received 2,925 Likes on 1,250 Posts
My sampling of Canadian music was in Gander on detachment when the Gambo River Boys? played, Locals looked on in amazement when myself and a mate broke out in sycronised applause and cheering when they announced they were going to take a break. Place was packed with tone deaf Canadians.
I believe it or not got approached in the mens toilets by a Canadian whilst I was having a leak, to ask if I was interested in operating as his importer come agent in the UK for his fish as he owned a Trawler.......... I look back in amazement, here was I half pissed, todger in hand doing what men do best, and here is this whopping great Canadian fishermen standing next to me asking me if I am interested in his fish!

I relayed what had been said to one of the others on the detachement who was an old hand at going there and also a Chef in his past life, he looked on on amazement and then nearly broke down in tears as he pointed out that it was a dream offer and I could have been rich by now...