PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA spied on staff
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2015, 14:04
mixture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder now if thru a backdoor the contend on my iPad can also be accessed.
Any legal or IT experts here who can answer this?

On Apple devices running iOS (i.e. iPad, iPhone), as long as you have not been an idiot and "rooted"/"jailbroken" your device, all apps run in their own sandbox and are not permitted to interfere with, share or collect data from other apps.

Apple also runs a very strict permission system as far as access to shared common system data goes (e.g. location data, contacts, photos etc). You will always be prompted for permission to access system data and you can always easily review and revoke permissions in System Preferences.

The story is different on devices running OS X (i.e laptops and desktops), because OS X is a typical standard operating system, so you would expect the security model to be more relaxed. If running company software on a machine running a typical "standard" operating system (OS X, Windows or Linux) then you would indeed need to be more careful because the software will typically run with the same privileges accorded to the user you are logged in as, and therefore theoretically could read anything that user has access to.

Last edited by mixture; 1st Mar 2015 at 14:22.