PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Helicopter crash near M1
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2015, 08:30
SilsoeSid

Purveyor of Egg Liqueur to Lucifer

Received 38 Likes on 24 Posts
RP;
Sid

I am sure we all dream of being expert hero pilots such as yourself but in this case the guy appears to have done a successful auto and the skids dug in to the soft ground.

The mud on the nose suggests it pitched forwards, blades appear to have sliced of the tail and flipped it on its side.

I was taught any accident you walk away from is a bonus.

Chinese whispers tend to distort what a person says and what is reported.

This pilot did a good job.

Please give him some credit

Have you published any flying instruction manuals by any chance?

As for the handling have you ever heard the saying a poor workman blames his tools?

I think a holiday on a sheep station in the outback might show you what can be done with a small helicopter. Bring plenty of toilet paper.
Hmmm, I defend ex-mil pilots against chip on shoulder-ers such as yourself, I comment that the pilot might have 'a past' to be wary of when making comment (and mention the boathouse door colour, that's the clue!), inform someone of a safety alert, comment on how I need a shoehorn to get into a Robbo, remind people of 'the boathouse related hat' and my last post makes the point that most of the comments made here are about handling and not specifically the type ... not once have I criticised the pilot ...

... yet you feel warranted to give me your tirade of a post ....

I'm no expert hero pilot, far from it, but as it happens I'm now off to the boathouse