PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JQ Incorrect Config report
View Single Post
Old 1st Mar 2015, 07:04
framer

Received 494 Likes on 132 Posts
A new automatic terminal information service (ATIS) was issued around the time of pushback. After the engine start the PM conducted his after start scan, but still retained a mental image of a 16L departure, leading to the selection of CONFIG 2 instead of CONFIG 1 + F. The PF did not monitor the PM or notice this error.
I am certainly not judging this particular crew as I have made a similar mistake myself after a change in conditions ( I was an F/O at the the time and the Capt picked it up on the taxi so I was lucky) , but, I do think the above highlights the importance of monitoring your mates selections/flows . Why would you not monitor them? ....because you are rushing.
If the F/O is selecting flap or other critical items like packs or anti-ice etc, we need to take the time to watch and think about what they are doing rather than looking out the window giving the thumbs up to the Engineer or ( heaven forbid) fiddling with our phones. It will take an extra 4 seconds to get moving....who cares?
Ps I agree with Lookleft above.