PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Follow My Dream.. Or Not?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2015, 21:19
Lagentium

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been through this situation in my head many times, wishing to turn the clock back to a time where I was 20 or 21 and have a go at obtaining my PPL and moving on to CPL etc, sadly I stopped at PPL stage as I received my license slightly into my 30s and didn't feel it would be possible to actually get a job even if I managed to get the relevant licenses.
Have a trial flight, it may not be for you after that you may find, but bear in mind flying commercially is a world away from flying your average club trainer etc. But you may take to it like a duck to water and it may come naturally, if it is a dream of yours then I hope it does so. Get your head down at work and earn some decent money and make it possible, while you have youth on your side you can do it, don't make the mistake I made and leave it too late to realise what you'd like to do in life. Also if your going to take the plunge get your Class 1 medical early on as it would be a waste of time and money and emotional investment if you were to progress but not get there because of a medical issue.

Good luck, Jim