PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 65 Age limit abolished
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2015, 21:08
Aluminium shuffler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bit More - you make the point of that side of the argument so much better, without the bragging or insults. I would, as I have said on this or a related thread, give up working tomorrow if I could afford it. I agree about the downward trend of working conditions and am trying to improve my lot. Once my kids are self-reliant, then my options will open up considerably, but between now and then, I have to consider the worst option of needing to continue in a reasonable highly paid job, of which only one am I qualified for. I do expect to be able to do it part time, on a job share with someone else in a similar position - no way would I work full time for a loco at that age. If things work out right, I'll be able to go part time at 55 and have a semi retirement at that point and cruise on a bit later; I think taking the foot of the accelerator earlier and delaying full retirement too will be a better combination than a sprint to a finish at 65 - look at how many retirees turn their toes up within the first couple of years of slowing down! I'd like to get a more relaxed life while I'm young enough to enjoy it and still have something to do and a useful income beyond 65...