PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet and Ryanair in 5 to 10 years?
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2015, 11:48
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For clarity I'm not suggesting that maintenance is lacking at Ryanair or easyJet, or at BA. I'm saying that like in past instances like with Valujet, the loss of an aircraft had a devastating impact on the company and it subsequently rebranded itself etc. Press coverage zoomed in on budget carrier my as cost cutting etc. Legacy carriers have walked away from serious accidents largely unaffected.examples include AF, SAS etc.
Apologies if I seemed to have suggested that, never figured you were suggesting it.

Valujet were a disaster waiting to happen on maintenance, FAA wanted them grounded because of their serious concerns about how they were running things. Even US military refused to use them and they went for lowest cost.

The news cycle within Europe is 72 hours or less and we both speaking from a UK centric media where I believe the cycle is even less.

I don't know what was lead news on Wednesday and by Tuesday I will not remember todays.

No idea of the stats but what is figure in fatal crashes for Pilot rather than Equipment error ?