PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2015, 11:30
FullTanks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Applications

funkyt111 has provided some interesting comments regarding the current application window; perhaps I could add a few of my own.

I and several other current and retired aircrew offered some practical advice when the the initial FPP course was launched, so you will find some guidance at the start of this thread. It is perhaps inevitable that year on year the number of applicants for this scheme will decline over time, but BA will only take those they deem suitable as future captains and those whom they consider will be able to cope with the rigours of the courses and a working life in which you will be tested on a very regular basis. This is good news for those who are self funded at the three ATOs chosen by BA to train their cadets, in that they may require additional graduates to fill any shortfall. It is also good news for DEPs seeking to change employer, particularly if they are Airbus qualified, though there has also been some recruitment onto the heavier jets from those so qualified.

Be very aware that you should not exchange information about the selection content on any social media site. We all know that it is possible for any potential employer to trace the identity of posters - apparently - although I have no knowledge that any such investigation is, or would be, carried out by BA.
In a similar vein, try to make any posts on this or any other forum as correct in spelling, grammar, punctuation and syntax as I'm sure that you will when completing your applications. As has been said, failure to do so may prevent your application from passing the first hurdle, and it may end up in the proverbial bin........so start practising now.

Before rushing to PPRuNe and posting what many consider a 'dim' question, try to work it out for yourself. It is very obvious that a significant number of potential applicants have not read the BA FPP website very carefully. If you don't understand a particular point, perhaps about the possible funding arrangements, ask friends or family first. Only dim people ask dim questions, and you run the risk of a public put down by a more knowledgable Pruner. If you need assistance in completing the application, you will find each flying course you embark upon a very uphill struggle, never mind the career long conversion courses and recurrent flying checks, on the aircraft and in the simulator.

Finally, do get someone to proof read your answers on the on line application before hitting the send button. Hopefully, this will avoid your application ending up in that bin at BA recruitment.

Good luck to you all. The recently published news of IAG's continued financial success could mean you will have a successful and enjoyable carrier for life with a globally renowned airline.