PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways
Thread: British Airways
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2015, 11:19
Bigscotdaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA needs to 'Buck Up'

Flew to Mia & back BA Club Class in Dec '14. My how the mighty have fallen. I've traveled Club on a number of long haul flights in the past, & my first experiences were pretty good, but the airline has been cutting back & reducing the quality of the product year by year.
Having now experienced the competition's business products with Emirates, American, US Air & Continental, I can say I now prefer them to BA. My experience in Dec with BA was appalling. The a/c (an old 747) was a bit shabby, the food was dreadful & meagre in portion size & the entertainment was only appropriate for 10 years ago.
I was astonished that their profits were reported to have doubled this yer, but then realised that this was probably due to the fact they're ripping off their business travelers on most flights.
If Willie Walsh keeps going down this road, the middle East airlines are going to have him for breakfast!
I feel sorry for the excellent staff who operate BA flights. They work hard, but Mr. Walsh is going to make their jobs less secure if he doesn't smell the coffee.

Last edited by Bigscotdaddy; 1st Mar 2015 at 16:07. Reason: spelling