PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Job offer
Thread: Job offer
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2015, 09:29
Propellerpilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You just need to do the math yourself and work out the numbers and see if you are happy with the outcome.

What however is very different, is that, depending on your country of residence, the services of a tax consultant may be extremely recommendable - you do not want to make yourself guilty of tax evasion and worst case pay hefty fines for small mistakes. You may be able to lower your income, tax wise, because you need to have your type rating in order to even work at all. All benefits like medical aid, pension-, unemployment funds and social taxes that your employer now deducts automatically will have to be paid by yourself. Legal jobsecurity may also be pretty much gone. You may even be forced to charge your client VAT - if he does not want to pay this, you might have to deduct it from your salary. As you quoted €uro, I take it you are in Europe...

I was actually forced into self-employment recently to avoid joblessness, atm I am not happy with it as I do not even know, what will remain in my own pocket at the end of the year However at least my next recurrent will now be paid for as per contractual agreement. I am still exploring to find the benefits of self employment myself - if there are any at all, (still need to consult with my new private accountant, just been away from home so much, that there was just not time - which is also an issue when spending time in a foreign country AND doing your own book-keeping.)