PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - THY working conditions
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2015, 09:15
yanbancypilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
THY working conditions

Latest updates

1) Basic salary is 7300 euro ( plus 600 and another 700 for accommodation or hotel in lieu for long haul captaisn only ) No other benefit if not a private medical insurance with no dental coverage and a ridiclous loss of licence ( 100K USD) .Bringing your family there is a no go. Education is extremely expensive, housing in decent area will not be below 1500 euro car extremly expensive ( 180%++ tax )
2) On 330 You will fly 2 ER flights and many four sectors days to nearer destinations, on 777 4 ER separated by 48 hours rest. You will have 7 days block off days and the rest will be filled by home stby and reserves.
On narrow body fleets the situation is close to slavery ( tried that on my skin) 90 plus hours, no commuting, no benefits, max 4 days off often after a late finish and before an early start just after midnight to some very dodgy destination. No improvement on the horizon I heard.
3) Turkish Lira has lost 30% of its value and almost 40% against the dollar. The geopolitical situation is not comforting ( a few bombs and suicide bombers) and an increasingly authoritarian regime are not really projecting a positive light. The upcoming election could be another set back for the currency.
4) Consider that In THY there is peculiar pilot classification. As a new joiner you will be given a C2 status that would mean you will fly as FO on left seat on wide body or only with experienced FO on narrow body.Once you will get a C1 status on WB you will still be assigned flight with other local C1 and guess who will be commander again Often they will scare the **** out of you....I still remember the stories I was told..
5) THY is NOT and expat airlines. They are just filling seats. The contract is permanent as long as they renew you work permit ( every year) and there is already a quota system imposed by the local ( joke) DGAC of 10% expat max.THY is at the moment exempted but nobody knows until when. They are just pure opportunists.I would think twice to leave a job anywhere else to join that circus...on any fleet but if you really really are desperate...

Last edited by yanbancypilot; 28th Feb 2015 at 10:03.