PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2015, 07:00
gorter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As much as there have been many generalisations in the last few posts I'd be willing to stake my not insignificant pension on me proving you wrong.
Unfortunately for your pension I doubt you can. If you want to use reputable scientific sources then I can provide just as many to disprove you. If you use internal data then you are providing company sensitive information to someone who doesn't work for the company. That'll bring you in to the highly efficient disciplinary system (GDF used to mean grounded disciplined fired to the pilot workforce when I was there) and then you really can kiss your pension goodbye.

I very much remember the very weird and wonderful faults at the start of last summer which would delay us for hours and have the engineers saying "I've never seen that before" or "that shouldn't happen". No real skin off my nose because it meant I could finally catch up on some sleep after the umpteenth roster change that week.

And as to parking up aircraft for extended periods of time. Just ask any crew that has flown an aircraft that hasn't moved in a few days (particularly if it's been raining) how much they love it. Parking up an aircraft even for a few days does it no favours.

And I believe it's Titan that have been called in to cover the A330 and we all know how cheap Titan are, particularly when you call them at the last minute!

And as to the 40 pilots resigning these last few months. In my personal opinion that is an under estimation. When I last saw one of the former managers at euroway he told me it was around 20 in November alone.

Last edited by gorter; 28th Feb 2015 at 07:10.