PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 28th Feb 2015, 04:18
MTBUR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In regards to the Griffith relationship I think it should be pointed out there is still a selection process to be undertaken after this - same goes for any "partner program" for any airline. A common assumption when starting a university backed flight training program is because of all the airline tails on the pamphlet saying where the graduates are, and guest speakers from the airliners, is that students will immediately be accepted. I also know some you have chucked more than a few Wobblies at airlines for not taking them or thinking they are special for doing the degree.

Final point will be that if you start a 4 year degree expect the industry to change within those 4 years. If the time is wrong when you finish, remember a broken watch is correct twice a day and the person who finished 6 months prior to you may be employed whilst you didn't.

Cathay is a good operator, work hard for it, don't develop expectations because you could afford a university degree, and please if you are going to have a cheeky whinge on here about how they haven't contacted you try and not have a username which includes your actual name (I see a lot of them on this thread!) - this thread pops up on any search about the cathay programs and HR of course look here!

Good luck to all candidates, la!