PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet and Ryanair in 5 to 10 years?
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2015, 20:56
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 62 Likes on 50 Posts
Very good question!

Facelookbovvered
These same customers also want mobile check in, free text updates and increasingly access to wifi for free, in other words we are seeing a change where the Loco is moving closer to the legacy offering but with a much lower cost base.
'Twas eve thus .... Any company that rises to greatness usually goes through the curve:
  1. Chirpy newcomer
  2. Stable newcomer
  3. Expands their market
  4. Expands overall market
  5. Established, mainstream company
  6. Income then tends to flatline and they have to do something different to expand
  7. fill in the rest of the list
  8. to
  9. being taken over
I suggest that the European market is nearing saturation and the finances of your average European citizen is not going to return to pre-crash levels. Accordingly a company now has to take over market share from another and it is a 'Zero Sum Game'

The last time we had Chirpy newcomers, the market was heavily slewed in the favour of national carriers - not it's not. So I repeat what I have said before. More legacies close/merge and inter-European border ownership will be permitted - in order to save the lagacies. They will not quite be the Legacies of today, but they will have the jobs 9and possibly names) of the old companies. Much more change to come.