PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines warning letter to Pilots about safety
Old 27th Feb 2015, 14:04
skyhighfallguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well, to me, this means:

someone had a very high rate of descent on approach and a gpws alert, in other words a very unstablized approach.

it also sounds like someone took off with the flaps improperly set.

and IF SOMEONE WAS SMART AT A MAJOR TV NETWORK THEY WOULD FILE A FREEDOM OF INFORMATION ACT REQUEST and get the straight dope.

No one has mentioned that United and Continental merger may have ruffled some feathers in terms of seniority integration. IF anyone knows the method they finally used, maybe they can post it. But as many of you know, Continental used Scabs at one time. ( United used mgmt pilots to just fly a 747 round and round the pattern at ORD to make things look normal at one mid 80's strike)

I can also imagine that if seniority allowed United pilots to fly Continental MD80s there might be some less familiarity with this type .

I saw tom foreman on CNN try to explain a standard go around and he made it sound like a death defying catastrophic maneuver and Erin Burnett, the host like a dear caught in the headlights. It was awful. You can look it up on their website.

While it is important to reaffirm the CRM concept (which was needed at United many years ago, they coined the term I think), I think the tricks of commuter airlines have been brought to the big lines all in the name of money and it ain't pretty

HERE is a link to the CNN piece, I really ask the pilots here to comment on the piece.http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/25/politi...ing/index.html