PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Avalon 2015
Thread: Avalon 2015
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2015, 09:40
Squawk7700

Received 193 Likes on 100 Posts
I went to Avalon today, flying in via Avalon East as many others did too, some of which were Ppruners, however it must have been a different airshow to where Sunfish went.

There were Cirrus there, the Cessna TTX with it's 235 knot cruise, Foxbat, the new Brumby, the new Sling 2 and 4 from South Africa, Citabria?, Tecnams and lots more plus the large trade halls with lots of vendors not just military, plenty of people to talk to, some good SAAA displays and aircraft, RA-Aus tent, stacks of different aircraft from the Geelong Sports Aviators, a couple of RV10's and an RV12 and a Titan Mustang amongst many others.

The Geelong war reenactment group was excellent, with bucket loads of restored military Jeeps and hardware, a huge tent with the entire contents of the Nar Nar Goon military museum re-located for the first time ever just for this show.

All this on the ground and in the air a dozen WWI replica aircraft, bombing runs, the Black Knights and lots more.

PLENTY to look at.

$65.80 fairly well spent...

As for ramp checks, I was greeted with a brochure on plain english TAF decoding and a cardboard funnel compliments of CASA but no ramp check. The guys next to me in a commercial 182 got instantly ramped with flight plan being passed around the group of 6 CASA employees. I can see how it would be intimidating as although their intentions may have been good, being approached by 6 CASA flouro vests would be somewhat stressful.