PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pay to Fly (P2F) in Asian carriers
View Single Post
Old 27th Feb 2015, 09:21
_mazz_

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi guyz

I am in the same situation 2500h on light turboprop and no evolution in sight without 500h on jet or on type or on CS25. For European, Asian, Gulf carriers that kind of hours have no value.

For example:
-I apply for EZY swiss at the end of the year, passed the online test with success and received this beautiful email few weeks later "We have now reviewed your application and unfortunately on this occasion you did not reach the benchmark required and therefore your application has not been successful", my sister received the same email, she's just out from school and 300h, but I know EZY proposed the jobs to fresh cadets from CTC.
-Norvegian, I apply at the same time as my father to see how NWG will react (he's a 777keeper, 18000h) He received an answer in less than 10h, until today I received nothing...not even a THX but No.

For Luke SkyToddler, there is almost no opportunities for our kind of profil, either you are a cadet from well-known ATO with contact, or you are an experienced pilot with a lot hours on type (just take a look for Ryanair cadet or 1200h hours, 1000h on CS25 and 800h on type for DFO) but if you are in a middle like us, you are f*cked up on light aircraft.

When I've got my job on light turbo, I was thinking "it's the beginning, 6years later the beginning continue..."During this time, some of my friends went to a P2F scheme, now they are on good company VIetnams, HK airlines, Flyscoot, Garuda, DHL, Emirates. They ed the job market, most of them are ashamed to did it but now they own 6 to 9000usd each month and I think a lot of young pilot are ready to continue to f*ck the market by P2F.

So for Long Range Flyer, me or others with same profil what can we do? Look some young pilot ready to P2F continuing to pass-over our possible evolution from light to medium jet/prop, dream for a potential phone call "you're hours on light are very interesting..." or considered P2F as a solution. The dark side is very tempting...