PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - United Airlines warning letter to Pilots about safety
Old 27th Feb 2015, 06:24
RetiredF4

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
I'm at a loss what I should do with this action. Obviously it sells good when brought into the light of the public. Was that part of the plan, was it the plan or was it what is written down, a wake up call from the top to the bottom?

Next question is, shouldn't unsafe happenings, incident and accident reports be available to all the crews all over the industry and be part of a mandatory regualar briefing through the training and supervising departments? Shouldn't those departments make sure, that each crew member has been informed in reasonable time about those flight safety items to prevent such happenings in the future operations?

If I take this letter honest, do I have to conclude that such a system does not even exist about such happenings within an airline for their own happenings or does not work sufficiently or is not taken serious enough, that it has to be supplemented by some top notch guy to make his point clear via public adress?