PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA mandates replacement of R22 & R44 main rotorblades
Old 26th Feb 2015, 18:34
Helilog56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah...my question was a bit generalized. Should have been more along the lines of country and location, amount of Robbie's registered, hours flown, type of work carried out, commercial or private, etc.

Curious too think about how aircraft are treated. Are they abused with overloading and high G turns, constant over torques, over speeds and abrupt control inputs?
A company I was with many years ago, started putting data recorders in their aircraft....the results were absolutely shocking and caused the company to let go many flight crew, and rethink their hiring practices.

A culture that can develope within the industry, can that be that pushing a machine beyond its limits to get the job done is acceptable, or the hero mentality of, I can do it better than the next bloke, or other job and financial pressures.
Digressing a bit here....perhaps looking also into operational arenas are also required when parts are failing?