PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2015, 17:34
Jet2_738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is that cancellations per airline or cancellations per 1000 departures/airline
You need a long run of data to be saying that A is significantly better than B or has been getting better/worse over time.
Now, that was calculated per airline, and the link many may fail to realise is that FR or EZY have much larger passenger figures, Ryanair have a figure of 29million passengers, and Easyjet have a figure of 34million passengers, whilst Jet2 only had 5.6million. However, like the second quote says, you need data from an extended period of time to be able to calculate the average, and not only that, but If Jet2 had a figure close to that of Ryanair or Easyjet, then the amount of complaints per million would not be so high.

They (LS) advertise and promote seat only deals instead of a whole package holidays unlike Thomson or Thomas Cook.
I am sorry, haven't you heard of Jet2holidays.com, who operate collaboratively with Jet2.com (hence the link upon the homepage) and don't offer Flight+Hotel like EZY, but offer whole package holidays, just like Thomson and Thomas Cook, with the ABTA and ATOL protection also.

many LS flights are scheduled flights for who Jet2holidays will likely buy a block of seats but the rest is available to anyone.
No, haven't you read the above already? Jet2holidays operate on the same booking system at Jet2.com. Jet2holidays don't buy blocks of seats, and Jet2.com don't sell it to them. The same seat map, on the same route, will be exactly the same as the one on both of the websites. This means that every seat can be purchased and reserved on the Jet2holidays website, and the same for the Jet2.com website - so no - Jet2 don't Charter flights for Jet2holidays, and operate separate flights (or separate seat blocks) for flight only.

LS 738 - given the name, they are clearly going to be biased towards Jet2
The name is Jet2_738, and if I am not mistaken, this is a Jet2 forum - so does this mean I don't have the right to defend or "be biased" towards the airline at which of course this whole sub forum is dedicated to?

Jet2738 to compare LS to comparable airlines
As above, I don't understand why you are bringing Ryanair and Easyjet into this... If your compassion for these airlines is just too strong, I am sure that there is another sub forum dedicated to each of these airlines, where you can discuss your deep, deep love affair.

I don't mind constructive criticism - but really, there is no need to bring yourselves into this forum , with an aim to point out all of Jet2's weaknesses (especially if you don't even know about Jet2holidays). At the end of the day, I am more than sure that both FR and EZY have many weaknesses themselves, at which others will voice their own strong opinions about that. Jet2 are an airline that would be more favourable than both FR and EZY by many millions of people - especially in the north, which of course EZY and FR don't favour over the vast profits of London and the South. Jet2 are the only airline that are true to the North, based here, and only serve up here. Jet2 is a much smaller airline than both of these, in terms of passenger numbers and fleet, but don't pick on the underdog - Jet2 and Jet2holidays are both showing absolutely huge signs of growth, and are going to grow, whether you haters like it, or not.

Last edited by Jet2_738; 26th Feb 2015 at 18:00.