PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2015, 14:06
fa2fi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DjerbaDevil

Well it would be a lot fairer to compare them to EZY or FR as they're primarily a scheduled airline. They (LS) advertise and promote seat only deals instead of a whole package holidays unlike Thomson or Thomas Cook. Yes, both will sell you a seat but their core market is serving their respective holiday companies with a bit of seat only offers on the side. Jet2 existed for a good few years before the holiday division was set up.

It does not matter what type or age of plane they're operating. Complaints are complaints wether it is a brand new A320 or a battered 733.

Besides, Thomson have many brand new 738s and 787. They may both be Boeing but the fleet cannot be compared to Jet2 by any stretch of the imagination. Thomas Cook again have a fairly new fleet and MON have been morphing into a scheduled only airline for quite some time now so they are not the best comparison if we are going down the route of saying LS is a holiday/package airline. Most of the TOM/TCX flights are charters, many LS flights are scheduled flights for who Jet2holidays will likely buy a block of seats but the rest is available to anyone.

I don't have to enlighten anyone. Anyone can view the document, scroll to the right and see a comparison on a per million passenger figure.

Just out of interest. You're telling me to compare comparable airlines. Are you not going to ask Jet2738 to compare LS to comparable airlines? Or is it a matter of him/her also defending LS that you've conveniently ignored that.

And are we just picking and choosing whichever category makes LS look the best? That's the beauty of statistics, they can always help you prove a point depending on how you use them.

On the face of it their performance is disappointing. Add to the fact that LS are extremely seasonal and hardly fly during the challenging winter months then I do wonder why their stats are so poor in comparison to BA, FR, EZY and BE.

Last edited by fa2fi; 26th Feb 2015 at 14:27.