PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA vs EASA
Thread: FAA vs EASA
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2015, 09:18
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sspencer1248 - "with fATPL (PPL+IR+CPL+ATPL Exams)"

You are not very clear in your intentions by writing this, and I am not sure if you really understand what this is.

Do you have work permit/citizenship for any of the ME countries?
Do you have the Green card or citizenship in the USA?

fATPL is term used for EASA licence, has nothing to do with any FAA licence. fATPL is not a licence, it is just a condition of your licence until you have acquired the right amount of experience and skills, so you get issued an ATPL licence.

With the FAA you will only get a CPL/IR, you then have to convert all to EASA licence. So you actually doing double job, and as the current situation is you are not saving any money on this, unless you have the chance to instruct in the USA for few years to get some more hours and experience.

After you have FAA CPL/IR, you have to make a conversion course in EASA land, but only after you have done your 14 ATPL exams. You will then get a EASA CPL/IR with ATPL exams credited - this is what is called fATPL.

In addition you will need to do a MCC course.
So by the time you have done this, depending on how you do it, expect at least 18 - 24 months to convert licence incl. ATPL exams.

Going directly to ME with an FAA CPL/IR and no hours, and not being local from one of these ME countries, I would say it would be more or less impossible to get a job there. I might be wrong, but I think you will discover most have had residency or been very well connected with the company/government official's.