PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lifestyle of VA SO's 777
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2015, 08:57
Berealgetreal

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For what it's worth when I started out in the industry, QF and AN would hire a handful of guys per annum. Nobody even contemplated 'time to command' the big issue was: will I EVER get an Airline job and get out of GA/regionals.

Convince yourself all you want that the regionals offer a better deal than a seat at QF or VA. It's like the myth that Virgin pilots live their lives out of a suitcase and in hotel rooms. It's called "bidding system" and whilst hardly perfect it's better than what regionals have to offer!

If you are still not satisfied here's a tip: As far as I know not one Virgin pilot has left to go back to a smaller type. Some have gone to the Middle East however. So I'd suggest significant research in that area as depending on your age and situation that might be a better option. A mate of mine that was a VB wannabe is now a skipper in the ME. It was a very quick process for him!

Ultimately we all need to remember that 03-08 was a unique period and if you are waiting for it to come back you may miss out on what TODAY has to offer.

All the best.