PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2015, 15:49
Jet2_738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
but having been on one a few years ago, I wouldn't book another.
So why would you not book another? Is there something wrong with the way Jet2holidays operate? And I back up what I said before - £947.92 is a colossal deposit - unless of course you have that sort of money to put down on the table. I understand that you can be limited with the amount of flexibility you get with a package, but in all fairness, someone you can post on here, obviously must be able tailor (or DIY) their own holiday. Put yourself in this scenario. You are a family of 4, who would like to go abroad, but don't know the ins and outs of holidays, airports, transfers, aircraft, and just manage to get by each month, with a little on the side now and again - basically a complete stranger to going on holiday. Now you could go barging through onto Sleazy holidays' website, find what you think is a bargain, and then be disheartened with the £1000 deposit you would have to pay - you know some people just don't have that sort of money ready to just whip from their pocket. The difference is, LS have a fixed deposit - £60pp, the lowest in the UK market. That's a massive saving, as opposed to paying half your holiday there and then. And then, you manage to justify Facelookbovvered's comment:

a lot are crap hotels
You see you tend to get these first when looking on EZY's website, as I said, flight only + hotel only. Easyjet only book the hotel on your behalf. The major difference between EZY and LS holidays, is that with LS, each resort has been assessed and rated by employed researchers, who stay there and determine whether the hotel would be fit for LS to offer - EZY skip that part. And of course, with LS, you get your in-resort rep, someone who you can call upon face to face should you have any problems, or even queries, as to where the best place to eat is, or what to do on your holiday. I know that when I went to TFS in August with LS, they had some excellent information on the wall, explaining who your rep is, and when they will be at the hotel. They also have an enormous folder, containing every little detail about the surrounding areas, where to eat, places to see - they even included over a page and a half worth of useful Spanish phrases, and of course, if you aren't a seasoned traveller, it is very comforting to have someone to talk to at the hotel at which you are saying. I must add that both TC and TOM had folders alongside the one from LS, but both of these together weren't even as wide as the one LS folder.

but they offer no better value than Thomsons or TC
I think you will find that they do - not only do they provide everything that both of the stated carriers do, but they offer the biggest amount of luggage on the market - 22kg - that's an extra 46% than what they offer at only 15kg. And of course they do all of this at a fraction of the price in most cases.

The only plus in buying old aircraft is the price, absolutely everything else is negative
I'll have you know that Jet2 have an absolutely superb team of engineers, and a fleet of aircraft that are impeccable, no matter the age at which they are. It is as if you don't like Jet2, as if you think that just because the aircraft are older, then they must be less safe - absolute nonsense. SAFETY is a number 1 priority at Jet2, something which comes above all else. Though of course you seem to think otherwise - but just remember, Jet2 have an impeccable safety record something which of course even BA don't have.

I do hope they switch to Airbus as rumoured else where.
You really think that Jet2 would favour Airbus over Boeing! Absolute Ludicrous! Jet2 would never do an EZY, and switch to an Airbus fleet . Do you realise how much that would cost! That would mean that Jet2 would have to find new engineers, an entire new spare parts library, and retrain the entire Jet2 company! You might as well just throw your business down the drain.

just one example was the lengths they went to during the Volancic Ash episode to get everybody home.
Exactly! What did Ryanair do in the crisis? NOTHING! - (Remember, that would cost money, and FR don't spend money) They did no where near the amount that Jet2 did to get everyone home. In bad weather like in Madeira, in September/October time, a Jet2 flight had to divert to TFS. What they could have done, is said, "You are here until we can get our flight back out - you will have to sort out your own accommodation". But, Jet2 didn't do that! They put every person on that flight (including flight only) up in a local hotel for the night, close to the airport, with no charge to pay. What would Ryanair have said? It's not our fault - exceptional circumstances! But of course, Jet2 didn't, so in terms of customer relations, let's just say that it is not Jet2 who have some learning to do!