PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 25th Feb 2015, 05:25
Snikeron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bennett - I realised you'd posted earlier in this thread and I was on the Monday's AC too! I'm Maurice
Yeah, it does look like we could be in for a long wait. I assume at this stage, no news is probably good news since we should probably have received an email of decline by now if we were unsuccessful.

All the best to you and any one else out there who could be waiting!

Thanks Anon, unfortunately it seems my referees have not been contacted as yet (it's been 3 weeks now) but your timeline is certainly encouraging for me to be patient and wait it out -- definitely feels different from corporate environments where no news after 2 weeks almost definitely means it's dead in the water.

Could it be possible that we're delayed at this stage because the start of the next course is still a while away and they're still accepting and interviewing applicants at the moment to fill the next course?
(UPDATE: Just spoke to HR and they're still waiting on more prospective candidates before they start contacting referees)

@meldesira -- I personally just used some "brain training" apps to keep myself sharp for the day, and did some basic background research into the ideal characteristics of an ATCO to help fuel my interview preparation. All the best for your AC day! Just remember to be positive on the day as it's really very casual and you're not put in a position to be competitive against the other candidates - so above all, have fun.

Last edited by Snikeron; 26th Feb 2015 at 05:44.