PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 24th Feb 2015, 19:01
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Allison Conway,

I had a licence for the "yellow peril" too, and Like Brian May, often towed Paloustes, Houchins and even OC admins car across the "Fosse Way" airbase. Some great stuff coming through now all, it was interesting to see how the Ground training school, which eventually became HEMS ((Hercules Engineering Maintenance School) developed. I well remember "Luv and kisses" at Akronelli in 71-73, where I was fortunate to deploy to Malta on a 56 Sqdn Air defence exercise by Hanaidi I believe, our return on the whistling tit introduced me to another type operated by a great transport squadron. I'm sorry I'm a bit "in and out" at the moment, I have a few bits and bobs going on. Finally, I'm now about halfway through Exocet Falklnds, and what a good read it is, having had the pleasure of working with some of the major participants in the book, I am rapidly approching the conclusion that my own impressions from my day are valid, they were bonkers !! Keep it coming gentlemen, there's some great Albert related stuff out there.

Smudge