PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RyanAir Tips?
Thread: RyanAir Tips?
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2015, 18:48
INeedTheFull90

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Flown them a few times. Theyre absolutely fine. Get you from A to B safely and for a reasonable price. A lot of people's problems stem from the fact that they don't read up on the airline's policies and feel hard done by when things aren't as they expected. Know what your entitled to, have the correct documents and get to the gate on time and all should be well.

If something does go wrong get straight on the app or to some internet source and rebook online. Otherwise you will risk being stuck at the end of a queue and will be given what's left over.

As mentioned, and as with all airlines really, document and keep everything as proof. Do not expect them to pay for a slap up lobster dinner and a night at the Savoy, but reasonable costs will be easier to reimburse.

Mixture - legacy carriers DO often charge for bags. In the US it is the norm, in the UK BA have 'hand baggage only' fares so it will cost you to put bags in the hold. FR allow a standard IATA sized bag plus a personal item in the cabin just like legacies. For regional to regional points FR has a fantastic network. There is less hard sell and quiet flights at the start and end of the day. On the face of it the LH NEK and new BA A32S cabin may have slightly more legroom, but it's not noticeable and I don't feel any less discomfort on FR than I do any other airline and I'm 6'.