PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2015, 16:19
Jet2_738

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In response to OntimeexceptACARS, I understand that LS are very happy with progress at GLA, but I think people are beginning to miss my point. My initial point is that if LS can offer flights to TFS (for example) from every base - this including BFS, who of course is also busy with the 737-300WL's, then why not EDI? It is merely a logical suggestion, thus as opposed to the opening of a new base, which some people have suggested, and of course as a LCC, opening a brand new base costs a lot more that expanding at a current one. And with RYR effectively beginning to invade at GLA, I can see all the more reason for LS to fight back. And on another note, yes LS are happy with ops from GLA, but in terms of location, it is similar to MAN and LBA - which both an equal distance aprt, and offer such flights.

In response to janeyTA, travel agents, for example Dawson & Sanderson do add there own commission on top. It was like last time we tried to book a holiday with them through Jet2holidays, and they added almost £400 on top. I know this because I had done my research, and the Jet2holidays website stated the original price, without the +£400 they had quoted. After confronting them, and showing them the live price on my phone, they quickly realised, and after this said on this special circumstance, they would match the price that Jet2holidays had quoted online - of course, after phoning LS up. It later turned out that they have their own variant of the website, a one adapted for travel agents, with these extortionate additions on top.

And finally in response to brian_dromey, customers do travel to save money, and I understand that such brand loyalty does not exist - however, as stated above, Jet2holidays offer a much more attractive package, one with ATOL and ABTA protection, with transfers and check-in fees included. For Example, EZY might offer a holiday that is maybe £250 cheaper, but they do not have the option of the part payment scheme that Jet2holidays does. Added to thus, the 22kg baggage allowance, transfers etc. By the time you add your check-in fees and luggage, you'll find that it is often on par, if not more expensive to the customer, and of course with only one of the protections. Jet2holidays delivers the lowest costs to the customers, and in all saves a whole lot of money. Of course, its better to have that extra reassurance when travelling abroad.

Anyway, lets hope that the forthcoming announcement is going to be something big!

Last edited by Jet2_738; 24th Feb 2015 at 19:15. Reason: Correction: Forgot G-CELX had moved :)