PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visible Tattoos
Thread: Visible Tattoos
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2015, 14:55
Icanseeclearly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Leed

I left the military some years ago (fleet air arm) and understand the unique stresses that joining civvy street brings.

With regards the tattoos, I am waiting to join BA and worked for 2 other airlines before hand (both turboprop) and was in recruitment at one. We would not employ someone with visible tattoos (both flight deck and Cabincrew) rightly or wrongly it is about customer perception, (we had one pilot who had a large tattoo on his back that was visible through his shirt, he was expected to wear a white vest in all weathers so it could not be seen) BA also have a no visible tattoo rule for all flight crew I'm afraid.

My advice would be get in contact with the HR departments of as many airlines as possible and ask the question before you start investing, it's horrendously expensive (although some ELCs can be used) without limiting yourself in potential employers.

Have you thought about rotary? I would hazard a guess their rules are less stringent (on the North Sea at any rate) maybe worth thinking about.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but trying to give you some impartial advice before you spend the cash.

Last edited by Icanseeclearly; 29th Apr 2015 at 22:07.