PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air arabia. hard time
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2015, 08:17
nitrowired

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

You can expect around 15 duty days a month, out of those 6 to 8 are night flights. Mostly 2 sectors a day and one a month 4 short sectors( shj-doh-shj + shj-lrr-shj) layover in CMB, CGP, DAC once a month on average. Latly maybe a bit more since we have a layover from rak to dac and cgp( only after night flight).
Latovers are min rest but nobody complains sice you do not want to stay in Bangladesh anyway. Hotel is substandard to my opinion, other people are ok with it. Its the only hotels in those places( CGP and DAC).
As a Capt you get basic, school allowance, housing, transport and uniform allowance + flight pay.
Basic: 22 to 31k depend on hours on type.
Housing: 12 k
School: 33k/yr per kid
Transport: 2k
Uniform: 500
Flight pay: that depends and ranges from nothing to way over 20k if you push your self.

As Fo its really a bad deal, usted to be good but now with a lot of MPL guys pushing the demand the salary is really low. I would say unlivable in UAE.
We do have a bidding system but it works kind of weird so you might get one out 5 flights you are entitled to bid. Outcome is never guaranteed.

Work hard, play by the rules and do not stick your head too much and you will be fine. hit you 900 y year as soon as you can a go home. That was my way of live close to a decade now.( I average out 45 ALV + 45 Off/ yr).And by the way our 100hr a month are always stick time
Caprains can have commuting rosters and from what I hear people are happy, 6/2w or 3/1mt.
One warning though, never come here for command upgrade, or further promotion. Failure rate for upgrade is beyond understandable and only 1 out of 10 maybe makes the change from right to left. 3 chances are given and most people fail all 3 and leave. I stuck around because I got through.