PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norwegian Pilots Not Happy
View Single Post
Old 24th Feb 2015, 07:46
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NAI tried to rebase everyone in LGW , with no increase in salary/conditions, this would have resulted in many who are "paying tax" in BKK finding themselves with a somewhat larger tax burden. There was predictably a revolt, so base is still BKK. From what I have heard, you can to all intents & purposes base yourself in Stockholm ( & I guess Oslo) as the schedule makes this a possibility. I believe the contracted days off are 8 a month, you get more, but apparently are constantly pestered with offers to work on OFF days as they are constantly short. I heard too, that already quite a few guys have banged out, to give themselves a 100% pay-rise flying same type whilst "really" based in the Far East.

On a separate note, the time for mediation if a strike by the Scandi based pilots is to be avoided is now less than 3 days, & NAS shows no sign of ameliorating their firm stance on completely decimating the T's & C's of K Area pilots.

A scurrilous rumour, which I have heard 2nd hand, involves a senior flight-ops figure stating during a line-check that the intention is to bankrupt NAN (the AOC holder for the Scandi part of the operation ) & relaunch with a new cheapskate operation no doubt offering the same rubbish contract they wish the current guys to downgrade to. The current impasse leads me to believe that this management wet dream may have a lot more than a touch of credibility.