PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 21:34
Rivet Joint

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dornier

Is it just me or is there still no clarity on the dornier plan? As far as I knew the plan was to have 3 2nd hand ones in place by now with 2 of them to be placed by new examples in 2016.

Firstly the one they have took months and months to arrive and then took months and months to have mods done to it even though it had operated fine on the trials the year before. It has been an invisible presence since it arrived and as far as I know the Portuguese operator only has 1 more of the type. Will they really let GR have that one as well? Where else would they get 2nd hand dorniers? They mainly seem to operate on mountain dirt strips and are probably falling to bits.

Secondly as far as I know they are now made at a snails rate in batches of 12 with various navy's already in the queue. Also not a single news story to announce GR's order? Surely an order from an airline in the UK would be seized upon by the makers of the 228 as a reminder it is still made?

Meanwhile viking air and the revamped twin otter goes from strength to strength and has a credible waiting list. Look at the new twin otters that will shortly be arriving in Scotland? Already on their way without a meaningful flight plan logged for the solitary dornier. What is going on GR?