PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - "You could be next”
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 19:08
Snake man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to take Nikita's side on this one.

The years '06 to '08 were astonishing at Emirates. Every pilot was an overnight financial guru. Their wives would sing their praises over low fat, skinny, decaf, EPC discounted Cappuccino's.

There was the F1 fund, Mayfair and Hampstead, Property Concepts, and even EPI. As a group these guru's lost millions and put their families in debt.
Please forgive me if I sound somewhat uncharitable, but the saying "a fool and his money are soon parted" seems highly appropriate.

Whilst I applaud any and all efforts to retrieve the losses, I do find it somewhat disingenuous to dress the matter up as altruistic: "It could happen to you" and "Please sign our petition". The truth is you took a chance and you were robbed. Asking strangers to sign the petition of the very people who will directly benefit from it if successful is wrong and is the antithesis of altruism.

What Nikita is saying is quite right. If you want to champion a noble cause, make sure that it is not one that you will benefit from, and certainly not one that you fell foul of due to a combination of greed and ignorance.

Ask us to sign a petition for the maids, the taxi drivers, the construction workers and so on, and you may have our support. Otherwise, cut your losses and learn your lesson.

Nikita, these are but frightened men shouting in the dark and yours might well be the lone voice of reason. Carry on...

SM

4HP: Please reconsider...

Last edited by Snake man; 23rd Feb 2015 at 19:12. Reason: Request to the moderator.