PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA bans governor off training
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 13:18
ROTORVATION

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dear the CAA,

Agree that the 22 POH says no Gov Off training unless practicing for emergencies.

That said, you the CAA, and EASA want better, higher quality training... So how do you teach exercise 4 as effectively as an instructor might, if you can't turn the Gov Off? We've been doing it this way for 15+ years on EX4 so seems a bit "Jobsworth".

EASA AMC does still show Gov Off Training within the course at 14 if I recall correctly. However, it doesn't show as being a requirement at all in the AMC's pertaining to the content of Instructor Courses, as far as I can see. (Please correct me if I'm wrong). Therefore the industry is expecting Instructor Courses NOT to teach those candidates on FI courses to do Gov Off, for those FI's to then have to teach it in the PPL Course? Am I reading these AMC's correctly??

I don't know anymore I really don't. Just remember this - to those in EASA and Fred and the like at the CAA - if this industry can't turn a corner and flourish, then there won't be much industry left, therefore there won't be any point in our regulators having a GA section- so you'll all lose your jobs! You'll be surplus to requirements.

I could go on.....