PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Visible Tattoos
Thread: Visible Tattoos
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 12:40
leedsample

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Visible Tattoos

Hi im sorry if there have been previous posts. i have checked out the search bar for general chit chat on the issue.

Firstly i understand this may generate the "why would you want to do that to yourself response" but please that's not helpful and i understand, especially the old and bold, that its not your thing.

Upon looking at the eligibility criteria for the BA FPP i ticked all the categories bar one. I have visible tattoos on my arms, a sleeve on one arm and a a potential sleeve on the other cutting off at the wrists. I must state they are unoffensive in any way shape or form.

The BA FPP site even went on to explain that a "tattoo check" will be carried out at a later date. I am not posting to complain as they can pretty much recruit and employ who they wish being who they are and i have decided not to apply as i would just be wasting my, and their time. As i understand they wish to maintain a super clean corporate image, and im not that upset as i know id have better chances of guessing the lottery numbers than being one of the lucky few who were selected.

Its 2015, tattoos are no longer a taboo and seem to be a norm these days especially with people of my generation (i am 25) and especially in my previous career. 8 years as an infantry section commander.

i am now worried as i have the money and the motivation to pursue a career in aviation and i am in the process of deciding whether to go integrated or modular (another debate no doubt) and i was under the impression that id just wear a long sleeve shirt/pullover +- jacket whilst flying then all would be well.

Finally the point of the post, has anyone ever heard of this problem hindering either themselves or others in their aviation careers? And to be realistic laser removal is not an option before you potentially suggest!

many thanks