PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Japan (AJX) B767
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 12:12
FlashWing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DIESELENGINE,

I'd not worry too much in regards to PICUS, as the PIC requirement can be on any type of aircraft. No need for Jet CMD.....

As far as the days off go,

The AJX contract gives 10 days off per month. Additionally, they also give us 2 commuting days. The yearly leave entitlement is 24 days per year. They will allow you to use these days as you see fit. If you choose to use 2 days per month, it will then add up to your 14 day block as advertised.

AJX, so far has been able to remain quite flexible with allowing the pilots to choose their days off. They are quite happy to allow us to create large blocks of time off, and there are a number of guys who also work more on a week on/off basis. Long may it last, as this is the greatest aspect of the job, and I think they are likely aware that they may face quite an exodus should the status quo be changed.

Essentially, we come to work and AJX gets their productivity. In return, we can live anywhere in the world, and take the time off of our choosing.

If I've missed anything of worthy detail, I'm sure Dom or one of the Guys will fill in the blanks.

FW.