PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways Future Pilot Programme.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Feb 2015, 11:16
wiggy

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Warp

I am wondering whether a successful cadet in possession of a good degree could get an office job with BA besides his position as a First Officer after completing the FPP?

I'm going to add a "+ lots" to what the likes of Groundloop and Sygyzy wrote.

Your flying "training" doesn't finish when you graduate from the FPP scheme, or even when you finish line training (in fact the learning process never really finishes). I certainly wouldn't have a game plan of rushing off into an part time office job/part time flying position straight after FPP...and if you do have such immediate ambitions I certainly wouldn't mention it at interview .

If you really want to go into a mixed management/flying post I'd give it at the very least a year or two of line flying to a get some experience of what that requires, build up some experience and get somewhere up the learning curve. With that behind you I'd then consider applying for one of the internally advertised admin posts or technical support posts (and BTW that process can be quite competitive, there are plenty of graduates with good degrees working as pilots in BA).

On another tack if you're lucky enough to have the choice of an FPP position or an office job at BA I'd grab the FPP position. I wouldn't assume FPP will always be available and I wouldn't plan on using an office job at BA as a path to the FPP....

Last edited by wiggy; 23rd Feb 2015 at 12:24.